Monday, March 21, 2011

"I could tell you some stories about this house."

There are some things that make me shudder. This week I can attest that a new one for me is the following statement: "I could tell you some stories about this house.". That is what the water man just said when he walked in. He evidently plumbed the whole house in the 1970s and then the owner ruined the plumbing system and rigged it up himself.

I immediately thought someone must have been murdered here. Then I thought maybe they just died here. Maybe there was a terrible accident or a terrible mutilation by bears and mountain lions. Maybe someone had a meth lab here. Maybe it was a house of ill-repute. All of these possibilities rushed into my head in a nano-second.

No death or mutilation--- turns out the man who lived here in the 1970s was a drunkard and would drink himself into oblivion and sit in the kitchen and kill flies in the house with his 45. He would shoot the flies---in the house. The water man said that the last time he had seen the house it was riddled with bullet holes in every wall. I guess he had lots of flies or was a terrible shot.

He also said that this is just about the worst water he has seen. He said cows love the sulfur water. I guess they like a little eggs with their milk. Too bad we aren't cows.

He then ran some of the water and held the glass up to his nose and made an audible gagging sound. HA! I say try showering in it. He remains in the yard now checking all of the cisterns and well pumps and plumbing. We will see if he can help us. Maybe if we drank alcohol like a former owner we would not notice the awful water. Alas, we do not, so we await his verdict. What will it cost? Name a price, Mr. Waterman. We will pay it.

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is lead astray by them is not wise."

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Hope the waterman can fix it and it didn't cost you an arm and a leg :-)
    Funny story about the previous owner. Glad all the holes are filled!

    ReplyDelete