Monday, March 28, 2011

Christmas in March is over.


It is back to reality. I am not sure what that is at this point, but we are officially back to it. The kids ended their two week spring break vacation and headed back to school today. We had the Texas spring break week before last and Colorado spring break last week. It was a great time to move and get settled.


This morning we were up early and three little sleepy faces got ready for school. They wore whatever they wanted to school for the first time-- no uniforms. Ben wore his Texas Rangers American league championship shirt to show his "Texas pride". Nathanael opted for Perry the platypus. Isabel was layered and coordinated from head to toe.


Drop off went without a hitch, and I can't wait to hear the stories when I pick them up in a bit. They were already talking about learning the pledge to the Colorado flag. I told them I didn't think they would be saying that one- just the pledge to the American flag. For those of you who might not have lived in Texas, the kids began every day in Texas with pledges to both the Texas flag and American flag, so the idea that this state doesn't require that was quite foreign to them. I have lived in a total of six states now, and only in Texas have I ever heard of pledging to the state flag.


We saw fourteen deer on the drive to school this morning-- fourteen deer and two cars. What a crazy way to start a first day of school.


Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."


No comments:

Post a Comment