Thursday, June 30, 2011

Good Grief




Just one moment of quiet without my name being said over and over again. That is all I desire this morning. I woke up early and all the kids were up too. They are all wanting to do something this morning... something that needs my attention. Guess what I want to do? I want to sit in the living room and drink a cup of coffee. That's it. Oh yes, I want it to be without interruption.



I have been up early feeding four kittens, three children, two dogs, and one husband. I have been bitten on the rear end by dog number one, mudded by dog number two's paws, scratched by the orange and white kitten, and sprayed with nasty sulfur water as I moved the sprinkler from flower bed to flower bed. I have snapped at all three children for asking me to do things. The boys have asked me four times if they can play playstation this morning. I said not now, maybe later this morning. The last time I asked, "Why would you think the answer would be yes at this particular time?" The answer...."Because you aren't in the living room and you are outside doing nothing so we figured you were done relaxing." I took a deep breath and as calmly as I could explained that I had not even sat down in the living room once yet. My coffee cup, which is still in the kitchen, holds very cold coffee.



I am now in my chair. The kids are in their rooms for the moment. I am always baffled that they have no ability to notice my mood and respond accordingly. I know for a fact that I could read my folks, and I could tell when to hush my mouth and retreat to my room and stay there. Not so in this house. As I have written these short paragraphs I have been interrupted six times.



My coffee I am attempting to drink is in my favorite cup. One of my wonderful Texas friends, Kelli, gave it to me. It has one of my sayings on it: "Good Grief, Charlie Brown." I have been muttering it a lot this morning.



I am over my rant and am now going to get a fresh cup of hot coffee, read some in my Bible to get things back into perspective, and ask those babies to forgive MY attitude. I would love for them to be able to read me, but the bottom line is that they need me to help them and to be their mom 24/7. They all like to talk to me.... a lot. Deep down I know, I wouldn't want it any other way.




Hebrews 4:12-13 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

No comments:

Post a Comment